- Between the 8th and the 10th of January, the Reut Institute hosted Prof. Ricardo Hausmann in Israel thanks to Mrs. Raya Strauss Ben Dror's generous grant.
- During the visit, Prof. Hausmann met with President Shimon Peres; Finance Minister Ronnie Bar-On and his staff; Governor of the Bank of Israel, Prof. Stanley Fischer and the bank's research department; Minister of Social Affairs Mr Itzhak Herzog; the chairmen of the Knesset Economic Affairs Committee and the Knesset Finance Committee, MK Arden and MK Misezknikov; and a forum of prominent journalists. In addition, he held a workshop for senior civil servants, participated in two round-table meetings, one headed by MK Prof. Avishai Braverman and the other by Prof Ya'acov Ne'eman, and he lectured in front of 200 business leaders.
Click here for Prof. Hausmann's complete schedule.
Click here for a document summarizing Prof. Hausmann's key points
- Prof. Hausmann is one of the world's leading experts on socio-economic leapfrogs. He is the Director of the Center for International Development at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. In the past, he has served as Venezuela's Minister of Planning and he has held posts at the Inter-American Development Bank.
Hausmann's theory tries to explain why certain states leapfrog whereas other states experience more moderate growth rates. His latest article regarding 'the product space' was recently published in "Science" journal.
Click here for Prof. Hausmann CV.
- The purpose of Prof. Hausmann's visit was to explain the difference between growth and leapfrogging and share his insights with Israel's economic leaders.
- Click here for the presentation showed in the workshop, Click here for the presentation showed in the round-table discussions.
Articles by Prof. Hausmann
- Click here for more articles from Prof. Hausmann's homepage.
Photos from the Visit
Please share your feedback with us.